This dip is soooooo easy and sooooo tasty. It’s one pot (if you have one that can do stove top and oven 🙂 ), vegan, gluten free and a crowd pleaser. I get requests to make this for basically every party I go anymore. I created this recipe while at Trader Joe’s and trying to come up with something Scott (my husband who is lactose intolerant) could enjoy when we go to parties. I wanted it to be something I could whip up after work and delicious enough other people who enjoy it too. The hard thing about food intolerances/preferences is people often don’t want to eat your food, but people want to eat this!
1 medium sweet onion (diced) 2 cloves of garlic (crushed) 8 oz vegan cream cheese 16 oz coconut creamer (a pint) 1 pkg (12 oz) brocoli slaw 1 pkg (16 oz) frozen spinach Olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the oven to 425ºF.
- On medium heat on your stove top, sauté the onion in olive oil until translucent. Add the broccoli (you may also need a little more olive oil) and continue to cook until it looks soft and darker in color. Add the garlic and sauté just a minute more.
- Add the coconut creamer and cream cheese. Stir to combine.
- Add the spinach.
- Once the spinach is fully incorporated add the salt and pepper.
- Place in the oven for 20-30 min or until you see browning around the edges (The top may not get very browned).
I’ve learned quite a few things in making this dip probably north of 20 times.
- I like to wait to put the spinach in for a couple minutes to let the coconut creamer and cream cheese absorb the garlicky, oniony, broccoli, carrot flavor.
- You can add a tbsp or so of some starch, I like to use potato flour, before you add the creamer to make it feel even thicker.
- I have topped this with all kinds of things: bread crumbs, vegan cheese, nutritional yeast. They were all good, but it’s good naked too!
- I occasionally add in some chili flakes or nutmeg just to change it up.
There you go! Enjoy!