I’m a giant fan of making bowls of anything…I’m generally clumsy, so putting together gorgeous tacos or stunning sushi rolls can be too much. I like the idea of making the ingredients really good, and then showcasing them individually (or at least that’s what I tell myself). This one is super easy, has great Mediterranean flavors, is perfect for summer and includes my 5 Minute Tzatziki, so you can’t lose.
Let’s do the mushrooms first.
7 - 8 shitake mushrooms thinly sliced 2 tsp oil 1 tsp oregano 1/2 tsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp onion powder dash of salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 325°.
- Toss sliced shitakes along with everything else.
- Lay on a sheet tray and bake for 20 minutes.
- Turn over and bake for 10 more minutes.
While you’re doing this you can make the 5 Minute Tzatziki.
8oz vegan cream cheese 1 clove of garlic 3 small (or 1 large) cucumber 1/2 cup (roughly) of dill 1 tbsp lemon juice 1 tsp salt
- Chop up the cucumber (it doesn’t really matter how).
- Place all ingredients in a blender and blend until combined.
That’s all the cooking. Then just chop up some tomatoes and cucumbers, toast up some pita and GO TO TOWN!!! Enjoy!