Broccoli “Cheese” Soup
So this delivers on the all of the goods of the original, but it is way better for you! So without further ado:
1 pound of butternut squash
1 cup (or so) of veggie stock
1/4 cup @kitehillfoods cream cheese (or other cream cheese)
1 tbsp garlic
1/2 lb broccoli (I used frozen)
1-2 cups mylk (I used almond)
- In a medium sauce pan over medium heat cook the butternut squash (peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks) with the veggie stick until completely mushy.
- Add to a food processor.
- Add in cream cheese, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Run the food processor on high for a couple minutes.
- Add in mylk slowly until a creamy soupy texture is reached.
- Add in the broccoli.
- Run on high another minute or so.
- Return to the sauce pan and heat through.
Seriously so easy and super satisfying. Give it a try anytime you need to warm or just want creamy broccoli goodness.