Eggplant and Zucchini Skillet Pasta
So skillet pasta became really big because it’s easy and usually one pot. This one definitely delivers on that and the basic formula is about the same. Cook some veggies or whatever else add in 1 1/2 cups or a jar of your favorite pasta sauce and two cups of water then dump in your pasta and let it go stirring occasionally. That’s it! Here’s what I did:
1 medium eggplant, chunked 1 medium zucchini, chunked 1 jar marinara 2 cups water 8 oz of pasta (I used @eatbanza)
- Sauté the zucchini and eggplant for about 5 min. You don’t want to cook to much of else it will turn into mush.
- Add the jar of marinara and water to the veggies.
- Stir and then add the pasta.
- Stir around until the pasta is covered.
- Cook for 20-30 min on medium heat or until the pasta is cooked.
That is seriously all it takes and you too can have a healthy meal for your family (oh so corny, I apologize)! Anyways it pairs perfectly with my Brazil nut Parmesan so feel free to check that out too.