Creamy Mac and Cheese
This cheese was super creamy. We ended up using it for mac and cheese and then I added some spice to it and used it as a nacho cheese as well. I like it because it serves as a great base for these things. So feel free to load it up with other flavors!
1 med butternut squash (peeled, chunked, seeds removed) 1 cup veggie stock 1 tbsp garlic powder 1/2 tsp salt 1 (or so) cup milk alternative 1 tsp ACV 1 tsp mustard
- Place chunks and stock into a medium saucepan over medium heat. Cook until mushy, stirring occasionally.
- Using a stand mixer or hand mixer start to whip the cooked squash. Continue to whip until the mixture is very smooth (you can’t over whip this!!!)
- Add in seasonings and slowly stream in milk until it is the desired consistency.
- Drain pasta (I used @eatbanza ) and reserve a little liquid(like a tbsp or two)
- Add the sauce and the pasta back into the pan over low heat.