Sometimes I just want something that feels super junky. I fried these in a little bit of avocado oil and loaded them up with yummy toppings including my sweet and spicy pepitas. These are perfect for game day or a night where you want to feel indulgent, but not throw away healthy eating altogether.
2 large green plantains A couple tbsp of oil Salt
- Peel and cut the plantains into 1-inch slices.
- Sear the slices, in a pan with oil on medium heat, a couple of minutes on each side.
- Remove them from the pan.
- Then using a plate smash the slices and then put the back in the pan for another minute or so a side.
- Salt them as they finish.
Then I diced up some avocado, fresh corn, butternut squash cheese, and added the pepitas. Let’s just say these weren’t around very long!