Butternut Squash Stuffing
I made this because butternut squash is amazing and so is stuffing. As a child I️ would eat almost exclusively stuffing. So I️ decided to give the Jess treatment and turn into something equally delicious, but way better for you. It ends being paleo and whole30 and tasty!
1 medium butternut squash
5 oz mushrooms
1 1/2 cups diced onions
1 1/2 cups celery
1/2 cup chopped parsley
1 tbsp thyme
1 tbsp rosemary
2 tbsps sage
2 tsp salt
1. Preheat the oven to 400F and cube a medium butternut squash (you want about 2 cups of cubes).
2. Even distribute the cubes on a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes or so (I did not use any oil)
3. Meanwhile, put about 5oz of mushrooms in a food processor and pulse until they look like breadcrumbs.
4. Sauté the mushrooms in a medium pan until the get golden brown and smell super savory (your dish won’t taste like mushrooms they just it that umami)
5. Add in celery, onion and spices.
6. Cook until the just start to caramelize.
7. Toss together with you butternut squash cubes