Saucy Peanut Tofu Bowl
So I think that everyone eating these bowls is the best thing since sliced bread. They are easy and you can really customize them to what you’re craving or what you have on hand. They are fast food at home and I am their biggest fan ha! I am going to start including how I put these guys together so hopefully, you can do it as well. This bowl was pretty big definitely enough to feed two or more people or to assemble at work since it was tasty after I pulled out of the fridge later that evening!
Crispy Tofu: 1 pkg extra firm tofu drained 1/4 cassava flour 1 tsp sesame seeds Peanut Sauce: 2 tbsp peanut (or sunflower) butter 1 tbsp aminos (tamari, soy sauce) 1 tsp hot sauce (this will not make it spicy!) 1 tsp maple syrup Other Ingredients 10 mini bell pepper 1 cup red cabbage 1/2 a large avocado 1 cup rice 1/2 cup microgreens (I used brocoli and kale) sesame seeds for sprinkling
This is the order in which I prepared everything. I want to say it took me less than 30 minutes.
- Start your rice on the stove or rice cooker or whatever your package instructions are.
- Preheat the oven to 425F. Cut the tofu into 1-inch chunks. Toss the tofu in the cassava flour (you can really use any type of flour for this, the cassava just sticks better) Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet and spray with a high heat oil, or lightly drizzle or skip the oil since you’re tossing them in a sauce. Pop the chunks into the oven for 20-25 minutes.
- While those things are going:
- Make the sauce (just mix everything together!) Add water as needed to thin. I would add it a tbsp at a time.
- Sliced the peppers
- Shred the cabbage
- Once the tofu is done toss it in the sauce
- Assemble the bowl.
- Add in the rice
- Place the tofu to one side
- Put the cabbage or peppers on the opposite side (you just want to break up the colors a bit so if all you have is green cabbage put the peppers there, for example)
- Place whichever you didn’t use in three directly next to the other.
- Place your avocado next to the last item you put down
- Fill the rest of the space with microgreens or if you’ve filled your bowl you can sprinkle them like fairy dust all around!
I hope that helps you see how I put a bowl like this together. Now go and create your own! I will post more step-by-step guides like this one too!