The title pretty much spells this out for you, but these are the best cauliflower nuggets I’ve made to date! Through a lot of trial and error, I’ve discovered that pre-cooking the cauliflower helps it become crispy without excessive battering or frying. I’m honestly not a big fan of how much time either of those things takes. Anywho, this is faster, just as tasty and probably a little healthier.
||Head of Cauliflower
||Yogurt (I used coconut yogurt)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Cut the cauliflower into nuggets sized chunks and place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tsp salt and if using also lemon juice and pepper.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until just starting to turn color.
- Remove from the oven and then turn the oven up to 425F.
- In one bowl combine the yogurt and hot sauce. Add water if necessary (you want a pancake batter-like consistency).
- In another bowl mix the almond flour, onion powder, garlic powder and a tsp of salt.
- Here I put the cooked cauliflower in a bowl a replaced the parchment paper on my baking sheet.
- Dunk the cauliflower in the yogurt mixture and into the almond flour and place back onto the baking sheet. Repeat this process until all the nuggets are coated.
- You can either spray or drizzle some avocado oil on now if you’d like otherwise place the nuggets back into the oven for another 10-15 minutes or until just browned.
I served this with a pineapple mango salsa and some thinly sliced jicama that I used in place of taco shells. These would also be great on a salad or just by themselves.