So I hadn’t ever done sweet potato toasts before I embarked on the Whole30 (I know, gasp!) But I honestly just never thought about it. Well, let me tell you something, not all social media trends are bad! This one is good, very good, and if you haven’t tried it (have you been living under the same rock as me?) then please do give it a try. There are endless variations, but I’d thought I’d share my current favorite.
||Greens (I used cruciferous crunch from Trader Joe’s)
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Slice the sweet potato into 1/2 inch rounds and place on to a parchment lined baking sheet and bake for 20-25 min
- While the “buns” are baking put the ingredients for the pesto in a blender or food processor, add a few tbsps of water if needed to reach the desired consistency. Set aside.
- Sauté the greens until just wilted and set aside.
- Slice the avocado.
- Pull the sweet potatoes out of the oven and allow to cool for a moment or two.
- Starting with the sweet potato base, spread an even layer of the pesto, then a good 1/4 cup of greens and then the sliced avocado.
- Top with another slice of sweet potato and enjoy!