|½ cup||Parsley (optional)|
|1 tbsp||Lemon Zest (optional)|
|1 med.||Yellow Onion|
|2 cups||More Veggies/Protein, Chopped|
|2 cups||Veggie Stock|
|3 tbsps||Oil of choice|
|To taste||Salt and Pepper|
- Heat a large pan with 2 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add in the garlic and toast for a couple minutes.
- Add in the quinoa and coat with oil and just slightly toast. 1-2 min.
- Add in the veggie stock, saffron, and parsley and zest if using.
- Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to medium-low heat and cover. Let cook ~ 20 min
- In a separate pan heat 1 tbsp oil over medium heat.
- Add in onion and sauté for a couple minutes.
- Add in protein broken down into chunks. (If you are using something preseasoned a little, cumin, chili powder, paprika and/or cayenne would go a long way!)
- Add in other veggies and cook until quinoa is done.
- *Optional* I took the lid off the quinoa for the last couple minutes to help out with those crispy edges paella is know for and put it on the veggies to help them steam a bit.
- Serve the veggies over the quinoa.