This pie crust came about as a total mistake, but it ended up being such a good one! The subtle corn flavor is amazing paired with the blueberries and lemon. It’s like all of summer decided to get together and hop in this pie!
|2 cups||Cassava Flour|
|½ cup||Freeze Dried Corn Powder|
|1 cup||Earth Balance|
|½ tsp||Baking Soda|
|3 tbsp||GF All Purpose Flour|
|1||Lemon Juice and Zest|
*Note: To make freeze-dried corn powder. Add one package of freeze-dried corn (you can purchase this through Amazon and they also carry it at some Whole Foods) to a blender or food processor until it turns into a fine powder.*
- Combine ½ cup sugar and 1 cup butter in a mixer or by hand until the mixture becomes lighter in color and slightly fluffy.
- In a separate bowl combine cassava flour, freeze-dried corn powder, polenta, baking soda, and salt.
- Add vanilla to the butter-sugar mixture and add the dry ingredients.
- Combine and add water as necessary to bring the mixture together into a slightly crumbly dough.
- Chill Dough for 1 hr.
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine ½ cup sugar, GF flour, blueberries and lemon juice and zest in a large mixing bowl.
- Take chilled dough and press into a pie dish.
- Add the blueberry mixture.
- Bake for about 1 hour or until the crust is golden brown and the blueberries are bubbly.