This is the ultimate fall comfort food! I have never gotten more compliments on a dish before. It’s relatively easy too and if you play around with the coconut milk and nutritional yeast (if using) you can make it please any palate. It has subtle sweetness from the pumpkin and just a little spice to keep it warm. Basically, I’m going to be making this on repeat!
|1 15oz can
||Banza or Similar Pasta
||Chili Flakes (optional)
||Vegan Parm, grated (optional)
||Nutritional Yeast (optional)
||Salt + Pepper
- Cook pasta. Drain. Set aside. (You can start the water boiling while you start step two)
- Add a little oil to a pan over medium heat. Add sage leaves and cook until they are dark green. Set aside on a tea towel or paper towels.
- Add in the onion and sauté until just starting to brown. Add in the garlic, crush 6 sage leaves and add them, add the garlic and chili flakes as well.
- Add in the pumpkin and combine. Allow the pumping to heat through.
- Add in the coconut milk and earth balance, nutritional yeast, salt, and pepper.
- Combine the pasta with the sauce and garnish with the Parmesan and remaining sage leaves.